New top story on Hacker News: Unemployable and Uninvestable

Unemployable and Uninvestable
13 by anyadvicewilldo | 5 comments on Hacker News.
It seems I am unemployed and uninvestable. I'm looking for advice. I have been a senior engineer for about a decade. I feel I have become unemployable because of my experience. Interviewers have repeatedly told me I am over qualified for positions. I know this is a tough time for everyone considering the massive layoffs in our sector, but I have been jobless for a year, and counting. I’m not asking for a handout, but rather advice. I’ve had a few failed startups due to a lack of investment, while I see grifters like SBF raking in billions. I have had my ideas be realized by other companies, years after I attempted, because I lacked capital. I have had my pitch decks dismissed without a second thought. What is the secret sauce here? Is it a matter of who you know, rather than what you know? Every other day I see companies with no clear mission raising capital with little more than marketing jargon and a landing page. Am I seeing this incorrectly? Currently, I have simply been looking for employment, but that has also been fruitless. I have decided I am unemployable – which is fine. Is there anyone else that has recovered from this situation? I would gladly welcome your advice. Thank you.

New top story on Hacker News: Unemployable and Uninvestable New top story on Hacker News: Unemployable and Uninvestable Reviewed by nasir khan on January 22, 2023 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.